Sadly, while picking my first berries, I also found slugs on my bushes! I didn't even know we had slugs! Teeny tiny slugs, but slimy, nasty slug none the less. So, I guess I need to relocate those homemade slug solutions that I have always zipped right by thinking I didn't need them. The best solutions I have found are either beer or a mixture of yeast, warm water, sugar, and a bit of salt. If the girls would behave themselves outside the coop...they are actually better than any other solution to spray and/or trap the little slimy things! Alas, the girls are too flighty for me to let out and I don't want to risk the berries I have ripening either (I could put one of the girls in the "chicken crate" near the bushes and see if that helps).
|I don't know why this one insists on being upside down...|
I've been trying to get a pair of crocheted baby Converse to work...but I just cannot get that pattern to work! I guess it's time to get cracking on the reversible baby booties (in chocolate brown and Giraffe print), but those have to wait until I at least get the upstairs vacuumed...my beige carpet looks very black these days.
Other things that I have gotten actually completed recently? I got a double batch of Laundry Soap made, but not "bottled" yet. I have a 35-pound cat litter container totally full of soap and 7.5 gallons of empty milk containers waiting to be filled (though I really only have like 4 gallons of soap).
Also, I made a new batch of Shaving "cream" last night! I ran out of the Rosemary and Mint Conditioner (I also use it to make my Fabric Softener), so I decided to try a new "flavor"! This time, I bought Suave Professional in Almond & Shea Butter...this is their "moisturizing" formula. I forgot I needed both Shampoo and Conditioner in this recipe...so there's a bit of both smells. I went ahead and made a full batch this time. I also added extra lotion and coconut oil too. Here is the recipe I used this time:
- 1 cup Rosemary & Mint scented Suave Shampoo ($2.74 for the big bottle)
- 1 cup Almond & Shea Butter scented Suave Conditioner ($2.74 for the big bottle)
- 6 Tablespoons Suave Vitamin E Lotion (I forget what I paid for this, but I have made 2 batches now and still have most of the big bottle left)
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted (I reuse a glass quart jar that had Organic Coconut oil in it, but I use LouAna brand from WalMart...under $8 for a 32-ounce container of it)
I made a ton of dog food this past weekend too! Well, not so much a "ton"...but it ended up making 16 2-cup servings (or 8 days worth for Rosie)! Recipe for that as follows:
- 2.25 pounds Elbow Macaroni ($0.58 a pound = $1.30)
- 2 20-ounce packages Ground Turkey (I got these on sale for $3.99 each = $7.98)
- 1 16-ounce package Frozen French Style Green Beans ($1.08)
- 1 16-ounce package Frozen Mix - Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrot rounds ($1.18)
- 64-ounces Chicken Broth (I used up what was left in my Better than Bouillon Chicken Base, mixed in 8 cups Water)
- 2/3 cup White Rice (this was given to me ages ago)
- 1 32-ounce container Nancy's Organic Whole Milk Yogurt-Plain ($1.79 on clearance)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
I think that's all for now...