Tuesday, December 4, 2012

ABC's & ZYX's...

A post on my Facebook page reminded me of something I learned somewhere around the Sixth Grade.  If you can read, and I assume you can since this isn't a Vlog, you know your ABC's.  But, do you know your ZYX's?

There was a substitute teacher when I was in school that I thought was just fabulous and I always thought he should be a full-time teacher (I believe he was semi-retired).  He actually took over my Speech class my Senior year when my teacher had to have surgery and missed most of the semester, I loved that class!  Anyway, rewind back to Sixth Grade and into my advanced English class.  I guess the regular teacher didn't have a plan for that day because instead of doing "normal learning", we learned to say the alphabet backwards!

Now...you can learn them too.  It's easy when you break it down, almost poetic even!  So, here is the "poem"...
Z Y X
W V
U T S
R Q P
O N M
L K J
I H G
F E D
C B A
We learned it in "blocks", but it really only took about 30 minutes to learn.  Now, 20 years later, not only do I still know it, I can actually say my ABC's faster backwards than I can forwards!

Any other fun learning tricks you know?  Please share away!

No comments:

Post a Comment