Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What a Way to Wake Up!

Ten minutes to 5am on a lazy Tuesday when you have absolutely nothing planned until 4pm that day is not when you want to be awoken from a blissful (2 hours) of sleep by a cat!  However, that is exactly what happened this morning...  Baby, our 7 year old butterball (we think he's a Ragamuffin), decided to get sick at the head of the bed this morning!  I was awoken by the sounds of impending cat-sickness near my left ear and shouted, which usually startles the cats enough to get them to stop...I only succeeded in waking up Garrick though!  Baby continued making his prep for illness and I finally was able to get him off the bed to get sick on the floor (way easier than cleaning it out of my hair, right?)...or so I thought!  While cleaning up the bit of foamy yuck that he left on the floor, we noticed a larger (baseball sized) wet spot with obviously laid in bit of yuck where Garrick's shoulder normally is while he's sleeping.  Super yuck!  It gets worse though...it getting the sheet off the bed, we found it was very cold (had been there for quite some time) and very liquid-y (I, of course, figured this out by sticking my finger in it).  That sent me into dry heaves...making it even harder to get out of bed (luckily I was not alone and Garrick is able to pull me out of bed while I'm trying to not add to the mess)!  After we got the sheet off the bed and most of the fluids cleaned up (and by we I really mean Garrick...I was of no use unless the sound of someone dry heaving in the corner is helpful), Garrick went to take a shower (he laid in it, remember) and I went to rinse the bile out of my mouth.  Afterwards, we debated putting clean sheets on the bed and returning to sleep, but we were both wide awake and I didn't think that I could lay back down in the bed without getting sick again.  So, we got up at 4:50am this morning and have had an extremely productive morning so far (and it's only 7am)!


I have a few BzzCampaigns that I'm involved in right now, Dentyne (see my post about that one here), SmartFood Selects (I'm still waiting for this one to arrive in the mail), and Glade Expressions Collection!  For the Glade one, I received coupons to get both starter kits for free.  Of course, the hard part about this product was finding a store that had them in stock!  What a popular product and after trying them, I see why!  At first, I was only able to find the Fragrance Mist Starter Kit in a single scent!  Luckily, it was one that I wanted (Pineapple & Mangosteen), so I snatched it up.  We've been using it for a few weeks and both of us really enjoy the smell...it smells a bit like a Pina Colada.  The scent is very light and it really doesn't take a ton of spraying to scent a large room!  I do a quick (2-3 second) spray in my dining area to scent the whole surrounding area (dining room, kitchen, and the whole of downstairs since it's open from up here)!

On the dresser in the Nursery...

The Scented Oil Diffuser starter kit proved to be more difficult to find though...these seem to race off the shelves!  I did finally find them at Target though!  Not only did they have them, they had them in all four scents that are available (Pineapple & Mangosteen, Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice, Lavender & Juniper Berry, and Cotton & Italian Mandarin)!  I prefer the "look" of the Pineapple starter kit for most of the rooms in my house, the decorative panels with the leaf cutouts is wood-grain in a light wood color, while the other scents all come in white.  However, for in our Nursery, the white works perfectly!  After smelling each and every scent option, I chose to get the Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice.  This one has turned out to be my absolute favorite!  In fact, I liked it so much, that I also bought it in the Fragrance Mist as well (in a starter kit because the price difference was very small and I wanted to be able to use both scents without having to "swap" the refills)!  I should probably mention to be careful handling these...my Mom had one of my Misters slip out of her hand and the top shattered when it hit the floor (from about counter height).  Good thing I bought two starter kits I suppose, lol.  Unlike when you break the top of a traditional room spray, these aren't wasted!  The mist is contained in a separate canister inside the plastic bottle part!  You just unscrew the bottom and out it falls, making refilling the "cute" sprayer easy and more economical (I believe the refills run about a dollar less than the starter kits).  The labeling comes off the outside of the kit too, making leaving the can sitting out a little less like "hey, this is what I use to cover up my funk"!
Photo "stolen" from my sister's blog...
The Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice scent is just as light and easy on the nose as the pineapple one is...since we still keep the baby's door shut to keep the cats out for the most part, the room was getting its own "funk" from being closed up and basically unused.  Having the oil diffuser in there has really made it nice in there again!  In fact, my Mom has commented that when she goes home, she is going to get the same scent kit for her bedroom (which is similarly closed up all the time)!  To me, this scent smells a bit like a fresh baked apple pie...I love it!

I mentioned earlier that today was already productive...since everyone is up now, we have the latest batch of dog food simmering on the stove, Carne Asada meat and Beef Heart strips!  I figured it was time for some beef...Rosie has gotten a ton of chicken in the past month and the last batch I made was using Ham (which she absolutely loves...it was way off from my "normal" though).  Mom is doing most of the cooking, but from the smell, I should go see if the meat is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment