Monday, May 7, 2012

Garnier Fructis, A Review

I've been a BzzAgent now for, oh, 10 months or so.  I love it!  What's a BzzAgent?  Well, let me tell you about it!  Basically, you go to this page, fill out a ton of surveys, and then they match you with companies looking to get their product out and enjoy the benefits of word of mouth advertising (this is what "you" do).  So far, I've done a dog food campaign (Bil-Jac, Rosie loved it), a cat food campaign (Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance, the cats really loved it), Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Care (I loved this one!), and several "online" type campaigns as well.  Currently, I am enjoying participating in 4 campaigns, Neutrogena Cosmetics (they sent me 3 lipsticks in shades of pink, an eyeliner, and an eye concealer...but that's a post for another day), Filippo Berio Olive Oil (my bottle of EVOO arrived a few days ago, but I have yet to crack the seal on this one yet...again, another post), Dr. Scholl's for Her (high heel shoe inserts...these have yet to ship yet, but I await anxiously), and then there's the product I want to discuss today...Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine shampoo and conditioner!

So, it really doesn't "sleek and shine" as well as it "could", but then again, I have some pretty darned frizzy hair so I'm happy with what it does!  The first thing I noticed when I used this product (which they were nice enough to provide full sized bottles, one of each, for free) was the smell!  This could be due to my "pregnant hormones" and all, but it smells like a Fuzzy Navel Wine Cooler!  I'm not a huge fan of the peachy-orangey smell, but I "suffer" through it because it does fade fairly quickly into a more pleasant smell as my hair dries.  I am not the only one that smells it though, my boyfriend is always telling me that the bathroom (and bedroom since they are attached) smells "fruity" after my shower!  He, of course, does this with a wrinkled "who got sick on my chair" look on his face...he doesn't like fruit at all.

Other than the smell though, I absolutely love this stuff!  I may even continue to use it once the free bottles are gone (a rare thing for me)!  While it doesn't get rid of the frizz that is always around my face, kind of like my own "out of focus effect", it does tame it down by quite a lot.  I generally don't really bother with what my hair looks like, especially now that the weather is warmer...Garrick drives with the windows down and it just  makes the frizz worse.  However, we did go out to dinner one night while everyone was visiting (Nephew #3 was here for 2 weeks, Mom and my Cousin here for the last 5 days or so of his visit).  I ran to the bathroom and ran a brush through my hair so that I looked semi-presentable...although, having a 4 year old in tow, I think I get forgiven for looking like a mad woman!  My hair was smooth and most of the frizz calmed right down!  A quick spritz of my favorite "stay down darn you" hair spritz (it's a pump style) and off we went with me looking like I hadn't spent all day in the garage sorting boxes, moving things about, and taking truckloads to the dump and Goodwill!

Do you like the brand already?  Have you "liked" them on FaceBook?  If not, here's a link to their page...go do it now (or a bit later, but here's the link anyway)!

No comments:

Post a Comment