I don't have a very good diaper stash yet though...I have purchased a whopping 8 diapers as of right now, I'm sorta kinda holding off until next week when we will hopefully (fingers, toes, legs, arms crossed) find out if our little one is a boy or a girl! I know it's just diapers, but most of what the resale shop has had in stock are pinks and purples and while I don't see any issue in putting a little boy in a pink diaper, I don't really want to stock up on them either!
On my To Do list, is making a stash of snail shell diapers...I have the fabric all washed, ironed, and ready to go to in roughly 10 prints! With a minimum of 1 yard of each print, I have enough to make somewhere around 20 to 30 diaper shells in the small size! Of course, I don't plan on making quite that many...I'd like to make 2 in each print and then make matching bibs if I can, maybe some burp cloths...or maybe even just save some of the fabrics for another project down the road! I also have plenty of flannel to make some cloth wipes out of. My main issue and the reason I still don't have the diapers made has been just cutting out the pattern, I hate that step! Once I get them all cut, it shouldn't take more than a day or two to get them all sewed up and ready to use!
Other options, of course, are to purchase more pre-made cloth diapers. Also found in the article I linked way up at the top, I found my way today to Sweet Bottoms, a store that appears to be based in North Carolina (though I could be incorrect about that). I love the "deal of the day" feature, it's like a mini sale that changes every 24 hours! Of course, today's item I'm not super thrilled about, but mainly because even at the discount, I find it out of my self-imposed price limit per diaper (under $15 for new, under $10 for used). A few other reasons I like this site though...
- the diaper trial--choose any number of styles from 20 choices (you can choose 1 or up to all 20)
- price here ranges from $7.50 to $24.95 per item ($352.80 for one of everything)
- This option lets you try a bunch of different styles without commiting a ton of money to any one style.
- Newborn Diaper "Rental"--You can return these for store credit or a refund
- For $215, you get 24 new/used newborn sized diapers to use for 3 months
- When you return them, you get either $100 of store credit or a $90 refund, your choice
- They offer all sorts of baby "stuff"...but those two are my current favorites!
I guess I'm really planning on sticking to making them or buying them when I can find them for cheap...but there are our other "options", lol.