Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gabriel and Daddy!
I have quite a lot to be thankful for this year, but most of all, I am thankful for our little boy.  He is hands down, the best thing to come out of 2012!  I realize the year is not quite over, but I doubt anything is going to top his arrival.

Thanksgiving is Gabriel's second "first" holiday and the last "first" for his cousin, Wyatt (they are 6 weeks short of being a year apart in age).  This year has just flown by,  it seems like yesterday that I was (not so) patiently awaiting the arrival of our latest nephew!  He was "late" showing up to the party...my sister was due on Thanksgiving Day last year, but her littlest man decided to wait an extra two days before making his appearance, ensuring that his birthday will never fall on the holiday.  Today is my Grandmother's birthday though, for as long as I can remember she has disliked having her birthday on Thanksgiving.

Full after a Thanksgiving "lunch".
Tomorrow, Gabriel will be 6 weeks old (already!), he's sleeping for longer chunks of time at night (giving his exhausted parents 4 hours straight to sleep most nights), holding his head up better and better each day, and also staying awake for longer periods of time during the day (ensuring Mom gets absolutely nothing done during the day). He's also developed the habit of not liking to be put down for any length of time, he even wakes if I put him down while he is sleeping about 75% of the time (ick).  We have pulled everything out of his wardrobe labeled "nb", it just doesn't fit anymore, and have even had to put away some of the "0-3" stuff as he is so tall!  The next thing to go into storage for anther baby (a few years from now) will be the newborn sized proraps (waterproof diaper covers), but I am squeezing the life out of those because I only have one cover in the next size up!  I need to get out to the consignment shop and hope they have more in the next size...we use the heck out those covers (since we use the flat and pre-fold diapers 99% of the time)!

A few more photos for your "viewing pleasure", have a great Thanksgiving and be safe tomorrow during "crazy person shopping for stupid low prices" Black Friday!
Cuddled in a blanket from Grandma's co-worker.
Tummy Time turned Nap Time!
Snoozing in his favorite location...

No comments:

Post a Comment