Thursday, January 3, 2013

Covergirl Blast Flipstick - A Review

 
 Another campaign is coming to a close, this time for Covergirl's Blast Flipstick Lip Color.  What is it other than lipstick though, you might ask.  First, it is double ended, two colors per tube!  Both shades can be worn alone (one is shimmery and one is matte), but they can also be combined for a whole other effect!  My favorite is Vixen, both shades are in the red/pink family.  I also received Stunner (too orange for my skin tone) and Minx (a dark brown with a gold toned shimmer side), but neither of them really work well with my coloring and style.

Here are some factoids I received with the lipsticks...

  • Ultra blendable formula allows you to mix shades, just like a make-up artist
  • Dual ends let you create the current "ombre" trend on your lips!
  • Dual-sided stick features a creamy color on one end and a shimmery shade on the other
  • Created by expert make-up artist, and COVERGIRL Global Creative Design Director, Pat McGrath
  • 13 colorful, complementary and expertly matched shade duos
  • Moisturizing formula mixes perfectly without feeling heavy or dry
  • Available in most groceries, drug stores and major retailers
  • Suggested to retail for $8.49
  • Online at covergirl.com and facebook.com/covergirl— visit the sites to see the shades, get tips on top lip looks and learn more
I haven't had much use for lipstick since the baby was born, mostly because I don't leave the house much and when I do, it's with him in tow and usually in a rush anyway...I also don't want to get lipstick on his handsome little face!  But, when I do hve the chance, this is my new "go to" lip color!  Though I do still prefer the Neutrogena lip color I reviewed back in June, these are handy for a color change on the fly.

Finally, here are all of the shades available:
  • Whisper: Taupe and pearl pink shades
  • Pucker: Light berry and lilac shades
  • Glimmer: Dark berry and soft pink shades
  • Flashy: Dark berry and lilac shades
  • Vixen: Burgundy and pearl pink shades
  • Perky: Bright pink and light pink shades
  • Tease: Red and gold shades
  • Cheeky: Bright pink and peach shades
  • Stunner: Bright pink and gold shades
  • Snap: Taupe and sand shades
  • Smooch: Copper and sand shades
  • Minx: Deep brown and gold shades
  • Intense: Deep berry and taupe shades
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment