Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kroger Good For You - A Review



Time to write another review for a BzzCampaign!  This time around I was given a $10 gift card to go shopping at Kroger (Fred Meyer for all you West Coasters) and pick up some Greek Yogurt, CarbMaster Yogurt, and CarbMaster Milk!

As you may know, I recently went back on the low-carb eating plan (and am down 12.8 pounds in my first two weeks back), so this campaign could not have come at a better time!  Sadly, my Fred Meyer does not sell the low-carb milk(s), so I was unable to try those, though both sounds really good and I am in love with Hood's Calorie Countdown (called Carb Countdown in other parts of the country)...so I had big plans for the milk that I didn't get to realize.

Nice and thick Greek yogurt...
The yogurts however are a different story, they have a huge display of them!  I ended up trying four flavors of the Greek Yogurt (they also have a lite version, but I did not purchase any of those) in Peach (not sweet enough for me), Honey (tasted like Plain Yogurt), Pomegranate (tasted kinda "meh"), and Black Cherry (my favorite by far).  I love the thickness of the Greek yogurts, but the flavors are less than stellar in my opinion.

I have always loved the CarbMaster yogurts...this round I tried a few new flavors, Black Forest (has big bits of cherry in it), Cinnamon Bun, Key Lime Pie, and Strawberry Colada (my absolute favorite of everything)!  All of them were worth buying again, but I will probably not get the Black Forest too often as the Cherries were too big for me.  The low-carb yogurts are just as thick as the Greek yogurts and at 4g net carbs per container, they make a wonderful snack in the evening before bed (when I have the carbs leftover at the end of the day) or as a light breakfast (served with an egg and some bacon or other breakfast meat, it makes a complete meal)!

Until my store starts carrying the milk, I will stick to a new found favorite as my "milk" drink...Blue Diamond has an Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk that is excellent to drink by the glass full and it's 0g net carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment